Planning a Ski or Snowboard Trip? A VW California makes the perfect companion!
Published on 12th October 2018
Hit the slopes in a camper van.
If you’re a keen skier or snowboarder and you're heading to the Scottish Highlands, French slopes or Swiss Alps then this one's for you. Hiring a VW California camper van means you'll have your own transport, the luxury of plenty of space for your kit - and the option of overnight accommodation!
With racks for all your snowboards and ski gear plus all the mod cons, you’ll have the benefit of total flexibility to follow the snow. Not to mention awesome views as you travel and a warm drink whenever you want it.
You may have already booked a cosy chalet but there are loads of benefits to just having a VW camper van for your transportation. If you're still at the planning stage and you're feeling adventurous then your trusty VW California could be your accomodation too!
If you are considering a ski holiday by camper van then there are some great reasons to choose to hire a VW California camper van from Kamper Hire.
- The VW California’s four wheel drive and businesslike engine mean that driving in snowy conditions is a breeze.
- You can hire the California Ocean if you’re wanting to camp out and also make use of the handy in-built cooking facilities. If you’re happy to ditch the kitchen in favour of some extra luggage and equipment space then opt for the VW California Beach.
- Even in seriously sub zero temperatures, the VW California camper van’s auxiliary heating system is super effective.
- You’ll probably need a portable loo (and maybe a loo tent) if you’re planning on going ‘off piste’ but you can hire this and plenty of other Extras (like a roof rack for your skis or snowboard) from Kamper Hire.
- There’s also a brilliant thermal lining available to hire for the pop up roof that’ll keep you nice and toasty.
- The VW California Ocean is ideal for Apres-ski. Just set up your chairs, grab a beer from the fridge (or heat up a hot chocolate), switch on some appropriate music and enjoy watching the action on the slopes.
Google maps and the French Site mappy.com are good starters for route planning and the AA website has some useful info about driving overseas: https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-europe
Give us a call to discuss your requirements or book your VW California via our online system here. Then it’s just a case of keeping your fingers crossed for snow!
In Other News
We've teamed up with Breeze VW for a great 'Try Before You Buy' offer on camper van hire!
Fancy a June camper van mini break... with 25% OFF?!
Get Set for Summer with Camper Van Hire!
D Day Anniversary, Dorset camping & VW California Beach Hire...
SAVE 20% NOW on April camper van hire! - if you book by 11pm Sunday 14th