We feel it’s important to blend in as much as possible (for security more than anything), so we use minimal branding. But, if you would prefer to have a fully branded van we have a few promotional vans so please let us know prior to booking.

You will receive full orientation of the van, its controls, appliances and maintenance responsibilities. Orientation consists of a personal walk round of the van by a qualified instructor. There will be a manual in the vehicle and you will also be given a helpline number for Kamper Hire should you have any questions or require help during your rental.

Our vehicles are less than 2 years old and are covered under VW Assistance. In the unlikely event they cannot fix the problem we will supply a replacement vehicle (subject to availability).

The minimum age requirement for campervan hire is 21 and the maximum age is 78 (if you are outside of these age requirements please contact us as we will need to contact our insurance company).

Yes, if you opt for Europe cover you will be insured to drive in any EU country. We will supply you with the required items for driving on the continent (beam benders, reflective jackets, etc).

North Brook Barn, Beeches Hill, Bishops Waltham, Southampton,SO32 1FB. You can leave your car with us for the duration of your rental, it’s safe and secure. We can arrange to pick you up from our nearest train stations, Petersfield, Winchester or Botley (with direct trains from London Waterloo), or from Southampton airport. If you are arriving from overseas into Heathrow or Gatwick airports we offer a meet and greet option. Be met in airport arrivals by a Kamper representative and transferred to our location near Southampton. The cost is £85 (one way) or free for rentals of 21+ days.

We can supply bedding packs (sleeping bags, pillow, sheet) as an additional option.

The California's can seat and sleep 4 people.

We might have a dog friendly van (valeting charge applies) best to call us.

Yes we do have some, but please contact us before making a booking.

Definitely not.

Soft bags would be best - but you're more than welcome to unpack and leave your suitcases with us for the duration of you rental.

One-way rentals in the UK may be possible but will incur a charge, please contact us with your requirements.

It's not always possible to provide the registration number in advance, but the ferry company should be happy if you provide the vehicle dimensions. Which are: California: L 4.9 - W 1.9 - H 2m. If you still have trouble making a booking please contact us.

There are many excellent campsites in the UK and Europe. Please see the Plan your trip page for details. In England and Wales there is no legal right to wild camp, but there are plenty of remote spots. So be discreet, steer clear of farmer’s fields and private property, keep out of sight of houses & farms. Don't stay too long and don't leave any rubbish behind!

We will need to see each driver’s full license (both parts if a UK license holder), plus a utilities bill with an address that matches your license. Overseas licence holders we will need to see your licence and passport. Please note: we cannot hire the vehicle with out these documents.

In the event of an own fault accident causing damage to the vehicle or any third party property the hirer is liable for a £1000 excess. This liability can be reduced to £200 with the optional CDW that costs £12.50 per day. Please note the CDW does not cover the replacement or repair to the roof, undercarriage, windows, tyre damage, loss of keys or damage to the interior fixtures/fittings and equipment.

Upgrade your adventure!

Choose from our range of useful optional extras

Find out moreUpgrade your adventure!

Kamper Hire on YouTube

Check out our handy orientation & ‘how to’ videos

View on YouTubeKamper Hire on YouTube

Newsletter Signup

* indicates required